February 25 - March 1, 2014 • Purchase tickets here!
Visit the Marjorie Lyons Playhouse website
Centenary College has been chosen to host the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF) Region VI for 2013-2015. Nearly 1,200 students and faculty representing a six-state region will congregate in Shreveport for this week-long festival. In addition to the six performances there will be workshops and seminars, student-directed scenes, a showcase of design and technical presentations, and auditions for the Irene Ryan scholarship awarded by the Kennedy Center.
The Festival will sponsor performances from the following six regional colleges and universities at the historic Strand Theatre in downtown Shreveport:
- Miss Evers’ Boys by David Feldshuh - University of Oklahoma
- The Good Woman of Szechwan by Bertolt Brecht - Tarrant County College Northwest
- The 39 Steps by Patrick Barlow – Northwestern State University of Louisiana
- Murphy’s Law (original) by Kenneth L. Stilson – Southeastern Missouri State University
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play by Joe Landry - Angelo State University
- In The Next Room or The Vibrator Play by Sarah Ruhl - University of the Ozarks