Philosophy 102: Moral Problems (2015)
How to compose a successful critical commentary:
- You should attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly, and fairly that your target says, “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.
- You should list any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
- You should mention anything you have learned from your target.
- Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.
- Calendar (Phil 102A, TR 8:20)
- Calendar (Phil 102B, TR 9:45)
- Contact and Office Hours
Position Paper Assignments
- Position Paper One
- Position Paper Two
- Position Paper Three
- Position Paper Four