To be considered for Departmental Honors, students must fulfill the general College requirements for honors programs. In addition, they must:
- Apply to the chair of the department during the junior year.
- Be a Religious Studies major.
- Be classified as a Senior while participating in the Program.
- Hold a GPA of 3.5 or better in major and 3.25 overall.
- Complete three hours of Independent Study in Religious Studies
- Complete Senior Honors Thesis
- Pass oral defense of thesis with the Department faculty.
- Present thesis at Student Research Forum.