"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more
and become more, you are a leader."
- John Quincy Adams
2014 High School Leadership Academy • July 14-19
A pre-college experience for rising juniors and seniors who desire to impact the world by responding passionately, intelligently, and responsibly to the global challenges of the 21st Century.
World House Focus:
The Academy will highlight Centenary’s approach to integrated learning, where students turn learning into action and personal growth into public good through one of three World Houses. Academy students will learn about each World House social action and design unique team-based projects for one of the three.
Registration and Opening & Welcome
World House—Peace focus
World House—Justice focus
Rope's course and team building
World House—Sustainability focus
Check out and depart
Centenary College invites high school student leaders from across America to be part of a unique leadership development experience this summer. Students preparing for their junior year or senior year of high school will develop an understanding of service-minded leadership through the integration of living, learning, and action. This year's Academy focus will be global challenges, with expert-led discussion, special guest speakers, and hands-on experience in practical leadership skills to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
The intensive, residential Academy will take place on the campus of Centenary College in Shreveport, Louisiana. Lodging and all meals will be provided, as well as snacks, supplies, and other activities.
The High School Leadership Academy is open to all high school rising juniors and seniors. Space is limited, and students with leadership experiences and/or strong interest are encouraged to apply. Applications for the Academy will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The application fee is a non-refundable $150.
Deadline to submit a nomination is MAY 1st!
At Centenary’s High School Leadership Academy, your experience will help you grow as a leader:
- Build your awareness of global and systemic challenges and learn how you can engage those challenges in a rapidly-changing world.
- Learn to impact change by responding passionately, responsibly, and intelligently.
- Engage in conversations and experiences to develop an understanding of service-minded leadership.
- Integrate living, learning, and action in your role as a leader.
- Begin thinking intentionally about your professional goals, college preparation, and life as a responsible leader in your school and community.
- Study under expert college faculty and staff and hear from high-level leaders from the surrounding community.
The experience will include off-campus site visits of local non-profit organizations and businesses, expert-led discussions with Centenary faculty and staff and community leaders, and hands-on projects and activities.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens
can change the world."
- Margaret Mead