Asking questions is the beginning of the career planning process: about yourself... about the world of work... and about making informed decisions.
Come See Us!
Career Services offers individual advising to all students, from first-year through senior, by appointment or just by walking into Career Services! Students are encouraged to meet with a Career Services adviser as early as their first-year to discuss all aspects of the career planning process.
To make an appointment, call 869-5208 or email email. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm. Walk-ins welcome!
- Resume critiques: Learn how to construct a resume and bring in drafts for review. This also includes cover letters, CVs, personal statements and other correspondence.
- Self-assessment: Discuss the results of the personality and interest inventories you take and learn how to use this information in your career search.
- Major and career exploration: Not sure what you want to study, what you want to do after graduation or how those two topics are related? Discuss options with an adviser and get resources for exploring majors and occupations further.
- Internship search process: Discuss how to search for an internship, whether and how to get academic credit for your experience and how to market yourself to employers.
- Job search process: Craft your personal job-search strategy with help from a career adviser, including learning about resumes, interviewing, networking, negotiating job offers, and more.
- Graduate and professional school application: Discuss why or why not to attend graduate/professional school, how to be a competitive applicant, the application process and funding issues and get help polishing your application materials.
Located on the south side of campus in Rotary Hall - Lower Level, facing East Kings Highway. See the campus map