Criminal or Violent Behavior
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO APPREHEND OR INTERFERE with a criminal or violent individual except in cases of self protection.
- Everyone is asked to assist in making the campus a safe place by being alert to suspicious persons or situations and by reporting them to the Department of Public Safety.
- On the Department of Public Safety’s website there is a link to the state’s Sex Off ender Registry. This list can be also be viewed directly at http://lasocpr1.lsp.org/.
Employees are required to notify Campus Police immediately (5000) when they observe the following:
- A life threatening situation that is in progress, such as a physical confrontation.
- Acts of violence or threats in the workplace or other conduct reasonably indicating that violence is imminent.
- Employees are required to promptly notify the Department of Public Safety if a Restraining Order is filed that lists the College as a restricted location.
- Employees are required to promptly notify the Department of Public Safety of any known threats.
- If you witness a criminal or violent act or whenever you notice a person(s) acting suspiciously on campus, immediately notify
the Department of Public Safety and give them the information outlined on the adjacent diagram.
- IF YOU ARE THE VICTIM of any on campus violation of the law such as assault, robbery, theft, or overt sexual behavior, DO NOT TAKE ANY UNNECESSARY CHANCES!
- NOTIFY THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY by dialing 5000 as soon as possible and providing them with the information noted on the diagram below.
Some things to take note of: