Lock Down Procedures
The Department of Public Safety may initiate an emergency lock down of one or more buildings when there is a threat of violence to our community or threat of chemical exposure from outside. Please do the following when you are in a building that has been secured for emergency purposes.
- Stay away from windows. Draw shades, if you can.
- Lock your office door(s) and window(s).
- Close all sources of fresh air, such as fireplace dampers and do not use the elevator.
- Stay where you are.
- Keep low to the floor.
- Follow the instructions of the Emergency Building Coordinator.
- Do not use campus phones.
- Maintain this secure position until notified by campus officials that is it safe to move.