CENTENARY LOAN CODE OF CONDUCT
This code is established to standardize the best practices at Centenary College of Louisiana in providing optimum educational loans to our students and their parents.
1. College employees will not accept anything from lenders/guarantors doing business with or anticipating doing business with the college other than promotional items of nominal value or food and beverages consumed in the presence of a lender/guarantor.
2. College employees are prohibited from receiving anything of value, including trips, for serving on the advisory board of a loan institution.
3. Lender lists will be based solely upon the best interest of the students and parents. Students and parents will be clearly told that they may select the lender of their choice regardless of the list. An option will be provided for the student to indicate their lender of preference.
4. No lender may obtain placement on the Lender List for a certain type of loan by providing incentives to the college regarding another type of loan.
5. The college will not accept financial benefits from a lender or guarantor in return for being placed on a school’s lender list.
6. All financial aid personnel will comply with the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals.