First-Year Scholarship and Award Information 2014-2015
Your completed application for admission automatically qualifies you for consideration for the Academic Awards, Centenary Award and the Challenge Awards listed below.
The President’s, Dean’s, and Trustee’s Scholarships are based on GPA and ACT/SAT scores. Centenary bases the GPA calculation on an unweighted, core GPA. We do reserve the right to recalculate a student’s GPA to reflect core classes. A student must have at least 16 core courses including 4 English, 3 math, 3 science (with lab), 3 social science and 2 foreign language(in the same language). We also superscore your ACT or SAT score to determine the highest composite score. SAT scores are calculated with CR+M+W. You must apply by February 15th in order to be guaranteed the following awards. If you apply late, consideration will be based on funds available. All new information (i.e. new testing, GPA, etc.) must be submitted by April 1 to to be considered for an increase of an award.
We know that your GPA and test scores do not define you. Centenary is a community, and as part of shaping that community, we value students that challenge themselves and others. These challenge awards may be stacked onto the base academic award.
- $1,000 – Successful completion of 5 or more AP/IB/Dual Credit Courses
- $1,000 – Official Campus Visit
- $1,000 – Significant Cultural, Community or Career Experience & Leadership (as indicated on your resume or in your interview)
- $1,000 – Outstanding Essay
All new information or adjustments must be submitted within 60 days of your admission decision to be considered for an increase of an award.
Each year, a distinguished group of admitted students is invited to campus to participate in Scholars Weekend to compete for our top scholarships. These scholarships are awarded as merited by performance at Scholars Weekend.
To be considered for an invitation to participate in Scholars Weekend, you must have at least a 3.7 unweighted, core GPA with a 28 ACT or 1825 SAT (CR+M+W). You must also complete an interview with an admission staff member by December 15, and your admission application and all materials to complete the admission application must be postmarked by December 1.
Centenary's Scholars Weekend is February 21-22, 2014.
If your academic GPA and SAT/ACT scores fall outside of the Academic Awards range, you may still be eligible for up to $5,000 a year with the Centenary Award. This award is based on academic performance, SAT/ACT results, extracurricular activities, and essay.
To learn about other institutional scholarships and grants, click here.
- The academic criteria are used for scholarship consideration only. Meeting the listed criteria does not guarantee admission to the College. All scholarships are based on availability of funds.
- Scholarships will be automatically renewed for up to three years as long as the recipient maintains full-time status and maintains the grade point average outlined in their financial aid award letter.
Centenary College is an equal opportunity educational institution.