First-Year Scholarship and Award Information 2013-2014
The President’s, Dean’s, and Trustee’s Scholarships are based on GPA and ACT/SAT scores. Centenary bases the GPA calculation on an unweighted, core GPA. We do reserve the right to recalculate a student’s GPA to reflect core classes. A student must have at least 16 core courses including 4 English, 3 math, 3 science (with lab), 3 social science and 2 foreign language(in the same language). We also superscore your ACT or SAT score to determine the highest composite score. SAT scores are calculated with CR+M. You must apply by February 15th in order to be guaranteed the following award. If you apply late, consideration will be based on funds available. All new information (i.e. new testing, class rank, GPA, etc.) must be submitted by April 1 to to be considered for an increase of an award.
We know that your GPA and test scores do not define you. Centenary is a community, and as part of shaping that community, we value students that challenge themselves and others. These challenge awards may be stacked onto the base academic award.
- $1,000 – Successful completion of 2-4 AP/IB/Dual Credit Courses
- $2,000 – Successful completion of 5 or more AP/IB/Dual Credit Courses
- $1,000 – Official Campus Visit or Interview
- Up to $2,000 – Significant Cultural, Community or Career Experience & Leadership (as indicated on your resume or in your interview)
- $1,000 – Valedictorian and Salutatorian bonus
Nancy M Christian Scholarship
The Nancy M. Christian Scholarship covers full tuition and fees annually for up to five Centenary first-year students. You must have at least a 3.6 core GPA with a 27 ACT or 1200 SAT (CR+M) to be considered. Application and all supporting materials must be postmarked by December 1, 2012, and you must complete an interview with an admission staff member by January 15. While the academic credentials of applicants are important, the Admission Committee also considers character, maturity, creativity, community involvement, motivation, academic curiosity, communication ability, and the potential to add to our college community. If selected as a candidate, you will be invited to attend Scholars Weekend, February 22-23, 2013, to compete for the award.
If your academic GPA and SAT/ACT scores fall outside of the Academic Awards range, you may still be eligible for up to $9,000 a year with the Centenary Award. This award is based on academic performance, SAT/ACT results, extracurricular activities, and essay.
To learn about other institutional scholarships and grants, click here.
- The academic criteria are used for scholarship consideration only. Meeting the listed criteria does not guarantee admission to the College. College GPA based on transferable hours to Centenary. All scholarships are based on availability of funds.
- Scholarships will be automatically renewed for as long as the recipient maintains full-time status and maintains the grade point average outlined in their financial aid award letter.
Centenary College is an equal opportunity educational institution.