International Student Resources

Student Visas

Visit the U.S. Department of State for information on applying for an F-1 Visa.

Note: The following has been abridged from See the official website for detailed information. Become familiar with the government’s description of requirements. Use the information below only as a guide.

  • As soon as possible, fill out the application and certification of finances.
  • The Office of Intercultural Engagement will issue you an I-20 form and mail it to you. Sign it.
  • File for the DS-160
  • Keep your receipt from this payment
  • Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee
  • Schedule an appointment with the US Embassy in your country
  • Documents you will need for your appointment:
    • Form I-20
    • Form DS-160
    • Receipt of DS-160 application fee
    • A passport, valid at least 6 months beyond your stay in the US
    • One 2x2 photograph
    • SEVIS I-901 fee receipt
  • Documents you may need for your appointment:
    • Transcripts from schools attended
    • Scores from standardized tests, particularly
      • TOEFL
      • SAT
      • GRE
      • GMAT
    • Financial evidence proving you or a sponsor has sufficient funds to support your stay in the US
    • You will not be allowed to work off campus or more than 20 hours per week while school is in session.

Printable visa guide (pdf)

Living Learning Community

If you are coming from a French speaking country, you may be interesting in taking part in the Le Quartier Français.

Whether you are an international student interested in coming to Centenary or preparing to come to Centenary, we have information just for you.

Discover Shreveport

Throughout the Shreveport-Bossier communities there are lots of great places to visit and see that represent the culture of the area. Visit the Shreveport Chamber of Commerce before arriving.

Shreveport/Bossier Fun Guide


Get answers to many Frequently Asked Questions.