Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Passport Points?
- How much is each point worth?
- How do I get my Passport Points?
- How do I check my current balance of Passport Points?
- How do I redeem my Passport Points for travel?
- What types of international travel are available for Passport Points?
- Which events are Passport Points events?
- How many points is each activity/event worth?
- How do I apply to have an event approved for Passport Points?
- When can I use my Passport Points?
- How many Passport Points can I earn?
- What if i don't have a Smartphone?
- What if I have additional questions about Passport Points?
What are Passport Points?
With Passport Points you can earn rewards simply by attending campus events — then redeem your points to help cover the travel costs related to approved international educational travel opportunities.
How much is each point worth?
Each point is redeemable for one dollar toward offsetting travel costs related to approved international educational experiences.
How do I get my Passport Points?
- Download any QR reader to your Smartphone (Recommended QR readers include: Red Laser and Microsoft Tag)
- At a Passport Points approved event, scan the appropriate QR code during the designated time.
**QR Codes are time stamped so you may not log your points until the appropriate time during the event
- Enter your Centenary ID number
- Enter the event specific code
- Earn your points!
How do I check my current balance of Passport Points?
Visit http://www.centenary.edu/globalengagement/passportpoints/checkyourbalance for detailed instructions on how to check your current point balance.
How do I redeem my Passport Points for travel?
Visit http://www.centenary.edu/globalengagement/passportpoints/redeem for detailed instructions on how to redeem your points.
*Contact the Business Office to ensure that your points have been appropriately added to your travel balance.
What types of international educational travel opportunities are there that can supported by Passport Points?
International Educational Travel Opportunities may include:
- Faculty-led and Independent International Modules
- Independent CULTURE Projects that require international travel.
- Study Abroad with any of the college's official partner institutions or programs.
- Faculty or Staff-led international trips with an educational component lasting 5 days or more (ex: international choir tour, international mission trips)
Which events are Passport Points events?
All Passport Point events are typically listed in the weekly "What's Happening" email. Also, all home athletic events are Passport Point events. All on campus music and theater performances sponsored by the college are Passport Point events, as well as art exhibits coordinated by the Meadows Museum.
How many points is each activity/event worth?
Event points may vary but here is the general idea:
- 100 points for Institutional Events: President's Convocation, Christmas Candlelight, Founder's Day, Commencement (Graduation)
- 75 points for events funded by the Convocations Committee
- 50 points for approved faculty or staff sponsored events either on or off campus
- 25 points for student performances: concerts, recitals, plays, all home athletic events, films, operas...etc.
How do I apply to have an event approved for Passport Points?
For more information about how to have your event approved for points, email email.
When can I use my Passport Points?
There are no blackout dates! Just log into the Passport Points system, choose an approved international educational travel opportunity, click redeem, select the amount of points that you would like to use and those points will be applied to your travel balance. Points can be applied to a number of approved international travel opportunities, but must be used by graduation of the year that students plans to graduate from the college.
For more information about redeeming your points contact the Office of Global Engagement.
How many Passport Points can I earn?
You can earn up 500 points per semester for a total of 2000 points over the course of 4 years.
What if I don't have a Smartphone?
What if I have additional questions about Passport Points?
Email all questions to email
Passport Points are not redeemable for cash or any other form of credit and have no value until presented for redemption in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Program. Points have no fixed or ascertainable cash value.
Centenary College reserves the right to change, limit, modify, or cancel the Program's Terms and Conditions including the number of points issued for travel, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation, rewards and reward levels in whole or part at any time, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated. Participants will be bound by any such changes.
Only full-time, undergraduate students in good standing with the college are eligible to participate in the program. Points are not transferable or re-assignable. Participants of this program may be subject to tax laws and guidelines in the U.S. It is the responsibility of the individual participants to inquire about their particular needs as related to such laws and guidelines.