International Exchange Programs
Students participating in a Centenary exchange program are enrolled both at Centenary and at the partner institution, simplifying the admission, scholarship, and credit transfer process. Interested students must have at least a 2.75 GPA in order to be considered for participation.
The deadline to apply for Spring 2016 Study Abroad is Friday, October 9, 2015 and the deadline for Fall 2016 Study Abroad is Friday, March 18, 2016, with the exception of the Irish American Scholars Program, which is due Friday, January 15, 2016 for both the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters.
The deadline to apply for Summer 2016 varies by program. Please contact the Office of Global Engagement for more information.
Exchange Application Process
- Overview of Process and Application
- Faculty Reference Form
- Staff Reference Form
- Study Abroad Pre-Departure Checklist
- University of Aarhus | Aarhus, Denmark (pdf | web-site)
- Aarhus School of Business | Aarhus, Denmark (pdf | web-site)
- Université Catholique de Lille | Lille, France (pdf | web-site)
- Irish American Scholars Program | Various Universities of Northern Ireland (pdf | web-site)
- Izabela Hendrix | Belo Horizonte, Brazil (pdf | web-site)
- Lingnan University | Hong Kong (pdf | web-site)
- MISEN (Methodist International Student Exchange Network) consortium institutions | Brazil, Japan, Mexico, and Taiwan (pdf | web-site)
- University of Applied Science | Dresden, Germany (pdf | web-site)
- CODOFIL (Council for the Development of French in Louisiana)affiliated institutions | Belgium, Canada, and France (pdf | web-site)
- MICEFA consortium universities | Paris, France (pdf | web-site)
- AU Summer University in Aarhus, Denmark
- CODOFIL in Belgium, Cananda, or France
If Centenary's exchange opportunities do not match a student's international interests, language skills, or academic goals, he or she may choose to pursue a study abroad program with an outside organization. Students may find these opportunities to be more challenging at times, but may be equally rewarding when truly matched with the student's interest. Set up an appointment with email to discuss your study abroad interests.
In order to travel abroad you must have an official passport valid for at least six months after you return to the States. The process of registering can be lengthy, so make sure you begin early!
Center for Disease Control
Check the Center for Disease Control (CDC) before traveling to make sure you are caught up on your immunizations and aware of all health travel alerts.
Funding Study Abroad
Funding opportunities are available for students who need financial support for international opportunities abroad. Below are resources to help in your search.