Performance appraisals provide an opportunity for a supervisor and a staff member to meet and discuss College, division, and departmental priorities and assess the employee’s performance relative to those priorities, and establish future performance goals.
The appraisal focuses on key behaviors that have been identified as important to the College, and the Department. All performance appraisals should assist staff members to meet their performance goals. Channels of communication must be open for this process to be a benefit for the staff member and the College.
Centenary College staff members are accountable for their performance. Supervisors, working with staff members, should mutually agree upon individual performance objectives for the upcoming year. Supervisors are encouraged to hold periodic or informal reviews and informal coaching sessions with staff members least on a quarterly basis, and finally, to conduct a formal performance appraisal annually during the College’s business year.
Also Linked below is the Manual for the Supervisors with important tips on a successful appraisal. Linked below is the Manual for Employees with suggestions and tips on a successful appraisal. The most rewarding appraisal for both supervisor and employee is one where they both participate freely.
Supervisors please follow the steps below when initiating the performance appraisal:
- Supervisor completes the written review.
- Have your next level supervisor look over the review and sign the document for his or her concurrence.
- Schedule time to meet with the staff member, informing them of the purpose of the meeting, so they will have completed self evaluation if so desired.
- Conduct the meeting with the staff member, completing both sections of the reviews on one document.
- Send the original to the Finance and Administration office for filing in the employees personnel record.