Status of Employment
Effective Date: 06/01/95
To establish employment conditions and define categories of employment which will determine applicability of personnel policies.
Employment at Centenary College occurs within one of the following five employee categories:
1. Student - one whose primary reason for being at the College is to be enrolled in academic course;
2. Academic Staff - one whose primary appointment is to engage in academic instruction;
3. Exempt Staff - one who holds a position of executive, administrative or managerial responsibility or one that requires recognized professional achievement either by formal training or equivalent experience;
4. Non-Exempt Staff - one who is neither primarily engaged in academic instruction nor charged with administrative or managerial responsibility, and who is not primarily a student;
5. Volunteer Staff - one who performs regular assignments for the College and receives no regular wage for their services.
Each employee is also assigned to one of the following employee designations:
1. Regular - one whose term of employment is expected to last for at least twelve months (and eligible for continuation); an academic year where one is paid over a twelve month period satisfies the twelve month requirement;
2. Temporary - one whose term of employment is expected for a specific period. When such appointments are made the anticipated termination date should be specified.
Employees are further assigned a percent of full-time effort and identified as either full-time or part-time as follows:
1. Full-time - employees who are classified as either exempt or non-exempt staff and who work the following hours:
- Administrative employees - 40 hours per week.
2. Part-time - employees who are classified as either exempt or non-exempt staff and who work less than the following hours:
- Administrative employees - 30 hours per week.
Last updated 20 May 2015