MENíS AND WOMENíS TENNIS Ė HEAD COACH
|Department:||Menís and Womenís Tennis|
|Reports To:||Director of Athletics|
|FLSA Status:||ExemptĖ Full Time|
|Schedule Variation:||10 months of year|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Full Time Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Revised Date:||December 2012|
Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing and coaching of the varsity Menís and Womenís Tennis program at Centenary College.
- Recruits student-athletes in accordance with Centenary College and NCAA policy guidelines.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the personal and athletics development of student athletes at Centenary College.
- Arranges and organizes yearly competition schedules.
- Schedules, organizes, and supervises practices in compliance with College and NCAA rules.
- Ensures that athletic venue is properly maintained and set-up for practices and official athletic
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with College administration and faculty for resolution of problems as needed.
- Direct and coordinate activities, ensuring compliance and safety with College, Conference, and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Maintain control of college-issued credit card and submit timely reimbursement requests with accompanying support documentation.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and Administrative Assistant to develop and monitor annual budgets.
- Monitoring of Athletic facilities as assigned by Athletic Director
- Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- As an institutional staff member actively involved with NCAA Division III prospects, student-athletes, and athletic department personnel, you are responsible to uphold all conference and NCAA rules and regulations. In accordance with NCAA bylaw 11.1, you are responsible to report any known violations and will be held accountable for any violations committed within your department.
Assistant coaches, student workers, volunteers (if applicable).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelorís degree plus 3-5 years as a competitive player or coach in the sport of tennis.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be well organized and self motivated.
- Experience in college tennis coaching at the assistant or head coaching level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
P.O. Box 41188
Shreveport, LA 71134-1188
Candidates are invited to visit the Collegeís website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE.