Technology Support Specialist
|Division:||Finance & Administration|
|Department:||Information Technology (IT)|
|Reports To:||Assistant Director of Information Technology (IT) Operations|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt - Full-time|
|Schedule Variation:||12 months of year - 40 regular scheduled hours per week|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Full Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Approved Date:||September 2013|
Coordinates, configures and sets up computers for the network. Receives & fulfills request for new computer & peripheral purchases. Performs onsite and remote maintenance & deployment of software and updates.
- Install and maintains computers and peripherals for individual departments and academic computer labs.
- Working knowledge and ability to remotely deploy software, operating systems and updates to the campus computing environment using 3rd party software.
- Ability to use all available resources for troubleshooting. This includes the use of search engines, free and purchased software utilities and basic command line tools to quickly narrow the focus of technology related problems.
- Recommend, estimate, and purchase computer hardware and software for all campus desktop computers.
- Interact with faculty, staff and students regarding systems and their usage.
- Basic knowledge of A/V equipment in a classroom/conference room setting.
- Accurately gathers, analyzes and provides technical information so that proper decisions may be made.
Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems on a wide variety of operating systems and software.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicates with end-users gathering detailed information to assist in troubleshooting computer issues.
- Answers questions by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Instructs end users in the use of diagnostic procedures using software, accurate reporting of errors and gathering of information to help resolve their technology issues.
- Logically approaches the troubleshooting computer, peripheral and network problems with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates with software and hardware vendors regarding all aspects of software such as function, compatibility etc.
- Able to perform some manual tasks such as the moving and lifting heavy objects as need
- Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
Student Workers when assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelorís degree preferred.
- Computer skills should include familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- A+ certification Hardware and OS preferred.
- Experience with Excel and Access preferred.
- Experience with a selective, residential, liberal arts college.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, LA 71104
Candidates are invited to visit the Collegeís website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational experience where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the Collegeís diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE