|Division:||Finance & Administration|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt - Full-time|
|Schedule Variation:||12 months of year - 40 regular scheduled hours per week|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Full Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Approved Date:||January 2014|
Assists the controller in all aspects of posting, reviewing and reconciling general ledger activity for the department including preparing financial statements and other external reports for the College.
- Perform monthly and annual investment accounting and reporting for endowment funds.
- Perform account reconciliation and journal entries.
- Review of the general ledger accounts.
- Perform general ledger system (SCT Banner) maintenance and controls.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for monthly and year end close, including preparation of consolidation, audit support schedules, and footnote support.
- Document processes as necessary to assist in risk and control identification (includes interviewing, reviewing policies and procedures and performing analyses of transactions and processes).
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and prepares financial reports, both on a regular and ad hoc basis .
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with College, local, state, and federal requirements, and standard accounting and auditing procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of cash transfers and draws.
- Assists in the preparation of IRS Form 990 annual returns.
- Oversees the records retention and destruction processes for the Business Office.
- Assists on the counter during peak student registration periods.
- Support the Advancement Division in their activities as necessary
- Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Controller.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelorís degree in Accounting and three years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions
- Good organizational and strong communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented
- Must possess computer skills necessary including MS Excel and MS Access
- CPA certification
- Experience in a Public Accounting Firm
- Five years of experience
- Higher Education work experience
- Experience with SunGard Banner Financial software
- Experience with a selective, residential, liberal arts college
Candidates are invited to visit the Collegeís website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, LA 71104
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational experience where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the Collegeís diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE