Head Men's Soccer Coach
|Reports To:||Director of Athletics|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt - Full-time|
|Schedule Variation:||12 months of year|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Full Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Approved Date:||November 2013|
Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing and coaching of the intercollegiate Menís Soccer team with ancillary coaching or administrative responsibilities.
- Recruits student-athletes in accordance with Centenary College and NCAA policy guidelines.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the personal and athletics development of student athletes at Centenary College.
- Arranges and organizes yearly competition schedules.
- Schedules, organizes, and supervises practices in compliance with College and NCAA rules.
- Ensures that athletic venue is properly maintained and set-up for practices and official athletic competition.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with College administration and faculty for resolution of problems as needed.
- Direct and coordinate activities, ensuring compliance and safety with College, Conference, and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Maintain control of college-issued credit card and submit timely reimbursement requests with accompanying support documentation.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and Administrative Assistant to develop and monitor annual budgets.
- Actively participates within the institutionís Division of Student Development
- Works in cooperation with the Director of Athletics and will have significant ancillary responsibility such as: compliance, event management, assistant coaching in another sport, outdoor fields maintenance or sports information.
- This position may require night and weekend hours.
- Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
As an institutional staff member actively involved with NCAA Division III prospects, student-athletes, and athletic department personnel, you are responsible to uphold all conference and NCAA rules and regulations. In accordance with NCAA bylaw 11.1, you are responsible to report any known violations and will be held accountable for any violations committed within your department.
Assistant coaches, student workers, volunteers (if applicable).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3-5 year as a competitive player or coach in the sport of soccer.
- Experience living and/or working outside the U.S.
- Experience in the recruitment of international student-athletes.
- The ability to speak English and another foreign language.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelorís degree, experience in college soccer coaching at the assistant or head coaching level.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Flexible demeanor to handle multiple activities and personnel.
- Must be well organized and self motivated.
- Must be able to obtain First Aid / CPR / AED certification and van driving clearance.
- Masterís degree.
- Specific experience with a campus admission/recruiting office, NCAA compliance, event management, outdoor field management, or coaching in another sport.
- Experience in a NCAA Division III program
- Experience with a selective, residential, liberal arts college
Candidates are invited to visit the Collegeís website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, LA 71104
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational experience where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the Collegeís diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE