Digital Media Specialist
|Reports To:||Director of Digital Media|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt - Full-time|
|Schedule Variation:||12 months of year - 40 regular scheduled hours per week|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Full Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Approved Date:||November 2013|
Develops engaging digital media content across a range of media for both internal and external audiences, with a particular focus on student recruiting. Coordinates the creation and maintenance of accurate website content focused on achieving strategic marketing goals to build positive institutional brand equity. Employs creativity and a high level of initiative in identifying and coordinating innovative solutions to achieve integrated marketing goals. Serves as a collaborative member of the digital media team within External Relations.
- Writes, edits, and manages content for Centenary.edu and affiliated web sites.
- In coordination with the digital team, manages website analytics to refine and maximize digital marketing strategies and achieve goals related to student recruitment and advancement.
- Develops and integrates graphic and multimedia content for the website and online channels.
- Analyzes and synthesizes information for development as online content in accordance with broader marketing goals and plans, including recreating existing non-digital content.
- Ensures digital content meets institutional messaging, identity, and ADA standards; helps develop and oversee comprehensive site standards.
- Performs regular review of web pages to ensure accuracy and timeliness of content.
- Collaborates with, supports, and trains, as necessary, college faculty and staff to ensure accurate, targeted, and timely web content as well as the efficient use of the content management system (CMS).
- Works with cross-divisional staff to maintain and improve the campus calendar system.
- Resources user experience and compatibility issues.
- Researches trends and data to refine strategies and plan future web content.
- Assists with the development and design of institutional marketing materials as needed.
- Assists and collaborates with External Relations staff on major projects as needed.
- Meets strict project deadlines, shows attention to detail, and manages production schedules by effective time and resource management.
- Other related projects, duties, and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelorís degree in any field
- Familiar with graphic design applications including Adobe Creative Suite and proficient with office applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of basic web design and web content principles.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends as required.
- Bachelorís degree in communications/journalism, graphic design, computer science, or a related field.
- Two (2) or more years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with a content management system (CMS).
- Experience managing or coordinating web content for a medium to large organizational website.
- Advanced knowledge of and/or experience with web development and/or graphic design.
- Working knowledge of videography, photography, and/or multimedia editing using FinalCut Pro.
- Educational and/or work experience at a selective, private, residential liberal arts college.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, LA 71104
Candidates are invited to visit the Collegeís website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational experience where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the Collegeís diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE