Director of Educational Outreach
|Reports To:||Associate Dean|
|Schedule Variation:||9 months of year – 20 hours per week|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Partial Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Approved Date:||June 2014|
The Coordinator of the Student Resource Center helps all Centenary students improve their academic performance. The Coordinator offers assistance in a variety of areas, including: study skills, time management and motivation, and individual academic needs. When needed, the Coordinator refers students to peer tutors for writing and subject-specific assistance. The Student Resource Center is located on the second floor of Magale Library.
- Monitor and work with students on probation.
- Work with all students who want to improve academically.
- Promotes retention.
- Identify and supervise peer tutors.
- Develop, promote, and execute workshops focused on good habits and study skills for college students.
- Link students to College resources.
- Help students communicate more effectively with faculty and staff to address their needs.
- Advise and assist students on Leave of Absence (LOA) and withdrawal processes.
- Promote Professional Discernment.
- Manage Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) student list in conjunction with other departments across the College
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and other friends of the College in ways that facilitate the development and operation of an effective and efficient Student Resource Center.
- Represents the College at events to identify and promote the Student Resource Center and its services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- Must have computer skills that include word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications.
- Advanced Degree
- 5 years demonstrated relevant successful experience.
- Educational work and/or experience at a selective, private, residential, liberal arts college.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, Louisiana 71104
Candidates are invited to visit the College’s website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE.