|Reports To:||Director of Re-Enrollment|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt– Fulltime|
|Schedule Variation:||12 months of year – 40 regular scheduled hours per week|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Full Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Approved Date:||June 2014|
|Revised Date:||June 2014|
Maintains student academic records, assists college and off-campus persons with questions and performs clerical and administrative duties.
- Establishes and maintains records regarding student grades, transfer credit and other academic information; maintains files, updates materials, and purges non-permanent information.
- Performs data entry associated with processing grade changes, grade entry, schedule changes, and updates student data.
- Prepares and processes student academic transcripts; maintains student data and disseminates information to college departments for student tracking and retention.
- Is the first point of contact for office visitors and callers; providing accurate information about college policy, procedure, and general questions.
- Develops and implements communication plan to reach various constituents about policy, deadlines, and upcoming events.
- Assists with pre-registration, registration, and graduation activities.
- Supports the office as needed, including but not limited to, ordering and maintaining supplies, assisting colleagues during peak times, and reconciling the budget.
- Other related projects, duties, and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Computer skills should include word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Database experience.
- Must be available to work special events if necessary.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Two to five years of experience.
- Experience with BANNER or Microsoft Access.
- Experience at a selective residential, liberal arts college.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, Louisiana 71104
Candidates are invited to visit the College’s website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE.