Administrative Assistant I to Dean of Students
|Reports To:||Dean of Students|
|Schedule Variation:||12 months of year - 40 regular scheduled hours per week|
|Benefits Eligibility:||Full Benefits|
|Prepared By:||Department of Human Resources|
|Approved Date:||June 2014|
Performs confidential secretarial and administrative duties for the Dean of Students; schedules and arranges appointments, compiles data and maintains divisional records, and provides excellent customer service for students and parents.
- Provides administrative support for the Dean of Students.
- Assists with the hiring, training and supervision of student office assistants.
- Greets and accommodates visitors, providing information, general assistance and customer service to students, parents, and others who may contact the division.
- Performs confidential administrative and secretarial duties, including but not limited to data entry, taking minutes, and editing and creating correspondence, agendas and reports.
- Manages and purchases office supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates the Annual Honors Convocation in collaboration with Professional Discernment.
- Assists in the maintenance and revision of the Student Handbook, Student Development website, and other documents and publications.
- Enters data into the Banner campus information system and runs reports using Microsoft Access.
- Maintains confidential records and files, including but not limited to student conduct files, and serves as primary support person to the Conduct Review Committee.
- Processes and tracks financial information; processes and submits credit card statements, check requests and invoices.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendar information for the Dean of Students and for the Student Development Division.
- Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Bachelorís degree.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be well organized and self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications.
- Experience with Excel and Access.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Educational work and/or experience at a selective, private, residential, liberal arts college.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, Louisiana 71104
Candidates are invited to visit the Collegeís website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE.