Digitized materials from the Centenary College of Louisiana Archives and Special Collections are available in the Internet Archive’s American Libraries LYRASIS collection; see links below.
Annual catalogs contain information about the college, its people, buildings, and history. Title varies slightly: Catalogue, Bulletin, Announcements.
The Yoncopin is the annual student yearbook of Centenary College of Louisiana; it began publication in 1922.
*Note regarding search capabilities:
Yearbooks (1922-2012) linked above are keyword searchable within each volume.
For advanced search options across multiple yearbooks (1922-1988), another website - www.e-yearbook.com - may be useful. However, the free content is limited and displays at a reduced size. The site is a subscription service and not affiliated with Centenary College of Louisiana.
The Pine Burr served as the annual student yearbook of the Centenary Academy; it began publication in 1925.
The Conglomerate is the student newspaper of Centenary College of Louisiana; it began publication in 1922. An earlier student publication, The Maroon and White, existed from 1900 until 1921.
The Archives is missing some issues of the student newspaper published before 1959. Can you help us complete our collection? First, check our List of Missing Issues.
Student Literary Magazines
Publication for alumni and friends of Centenary College of Louisiana. Title varies: Centenary College Alumnus (1925), This Is Centenary (1942-1946), Bulletin of Centenary College of Louisiana (1947), This Is Centenary (1947-1968), Alumni Magazine (1969-1970), Centenary (1970-1988), Centenary Today (1988-2005), Centenary Magazine (2006-2010).
Additional Centenary Publications
- Laws for the Government of the College of Louisiana, adopted by the board of trustees, July 17, 1839. (Jackson, La: Robert C. Carman, 1839.)
- Statutes of Centenary College of Louisiana, adopted by the joint board of trustees and visitors. (Baton Rouge, La: Gazette Book and Job Office, 1856.)
- Students of the College of Louisiana and Centenary College of Louisiana, 1825-1902. (s.l.:s.n., 1902.)
- Centenary College of Louisiana - an open letter - full text of the deed of transfer from the Board of Trustees to the legal conference - an ode - chronicles of Centenary College. (s.l.:s.n., 1906.)
- Centenary College of Louisiana: Sesquicentennial, 1825-1975. Author: Walter McGehee Lowrey. (Shreveport, La: Centenary College Alumni Association, 1975.)
- The Dean Smith Years: Centenary College, the Four Square Bible Class. Author: Bentley Sloane. (s.l.: B. Sloane, 1978.)
- The Paul Brown Era at Centenary: Years of Growth. Authors: Paul Marvin Brown, Walter McGehee Lowrey, and Donald Arthur Webb. (Shreveport, La: Centenary College, 1981.)
- 175 Years, Centenary College, 1825-2000: A Brief History of Centenary College of Louisiana. Author: Bentley Sloane. (Shreveport, La: Centenary College, 2000.)
- Glory Years of Football, Centenary College of Louisiana, 1922-1942. Author: Bentley Sloane. (Shreveport, La: Centenary College, 2000.)