Reading Room Regulations
To safeguard unique and valuable archival material, researchers are requested to observe the following rules:
- Hours: The archives is open from 9:00 a.m. to Noon and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (except for campus holidays). To schedule an appointment, call 318.869.5462 or email email.
- Registration: Users must register daily and discuss research needs with staff.
- Food and Drink: are not permitted in the archives.
- Handing of Materials:
- Use only pencils or laptop computer for note taking.
- Do not mark on, trace, lean on, fold or tear archival materials.
- Use cotton gloves when handling photos and negatives.
- Original Order: Preserve the established order of items in folders and the numerical order of folders in boxes. If something appears to be out of order, alert archives staff but do not rearrange it. Use material from only one box at a time.
- Circulation: The archives are closed stacks and non-circulating. Researchers may not browse the stacks, and no material may be removed except by archives staff.
- Reproduction: Ask staff for copying procedure if you need photocopies. Allow a three-day turn-a-round for scans.
- Copyright: The patron assumes responsibility for compliance with copyright, literary rights, or other legal questions arising from patron use of archival material.
- Citation: Cite materials used for display or in published or unpublished works. Request the citation guide for a complete list of examples. Manuscript Collection example:
[Identification/description of item]. [Name of file folder]. [Name of manuscript collection], Mss.Coll.[#]. Centenary College of Louisiana Archives and Special Collections, Shreveport, LA.