Accessing eResources Remotely
Access to licensed library research materials (eResources) requires a special usernname/password combination.
To learn that username/password combination, login here, or call 318-869-5047.
For step-by-step instructions on how to obtain the login credentials for licensed eResources, see this IT FAQ entry.
Subscription Database Index
Scholarly articles, news, and research on topics in most subject areas.
Accesses 33 ACS publications with content from 1996 through the current year.
The American Chemical Society also has a YouTube channel here.
Covers topics including social sciences, biomedical sciences, and physical sciences reviews.
• Analytical Chemistry • Anthropology • Astronomy & Astrophysics • Biochemistry • Biomedical Engineering • Biophysics
• Cell and Developmental Biology • Clinical Psychology • Computer Science • Earth and Planetary Sciences
• Ecology, Evolution and Systematics • Entomology • Environment and Resources • Fluid Mechanics • Genetics
• Genomics and Human Genetics • Immunology • Law and Social Science • Materials Research • Medicine • Microbiology
• Neuroscience • Nuclear and Particle Science • Nutrition • Pathology: Mechanisms of Disease
• Pharmacology and Toxicology • Physical Chemistry• Physiology • Phytopathology • Plant Biology • Political Science
• Psychology • Public Health • Sociology • Virology • Vision Science
Offers authoritative reference content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts, and images. Covering a vast array of people from historically significant figures to present-day newsmakers.
In-depth coverage of political and social issues, with regular reports on international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the U.S. economy. There is an introductory overview; background and chronology on the topic; an assessment of the current situation; tables and maps; pro/con statements from representatives of opposing positions; and bibliographies of key sources.
• Abstracts in Social Gerontology • Academic Search Complete • Agricola • AHFS Consumer Medication Information
• Alt Health Watch • American Doctoral Dissertations 1933-1955 • Art Full Text • Art Index Retrospective 1929-1984
• Book Collection: Nonfiction • Business Source Complete • CINAHL Plus with Full Text • Computer Source
• E-Book Academic Collection • E-Book Collection • Educational Administration Abstracts • Environment Index
• ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center) • European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
• Family Studies Abstracts • Fuente Academica • Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
• GeoRef • GreenFILE • Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition • History Reference Center
• Hospitality & Tourism Index • Human Resources Abstracts • Information Science & Technology Abstracts (ISTA)
• Legal Collection • Library/Information Sciences & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) with Full Text
• Literary Reference Center • MAS Ultra - School Edition • MedicLatina • MEDLINE • Mental Measurements Yearbook
• Military & Government Collection • MLA Directory of Periodicals • MLA International Bibliography • Newspaper Source
• Peace Research Abstracts • Philosopher's Index • Primary Search • Professional Development Collection
• PsycARTICLES • PsycINFO • Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
• Public Administration Abstracts • Race Relations Abstracts • Regional Business News • Religion and Philosophy Collection
• Science & Technology Collection • Serials Directory • Shock & Vibration Digest • SocINDEX with Full Text
• Teacher Reference Center • Urban Studies Abstracts • Vente et Gestion
Includes Encyclopædia Britannica, Britannica's Internet Guide, Multimedia files, an interactive world atlas, timelines, Book of the Year, Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and Collegiate Thesaurus 10th Edition.
Maintained by the Department of Education, the ERIC website is the world's largest collection of education article citations.
Online collection of general and subject-specific encyclopedias on all major topic areas.
A comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences.
ImportGenius.com databases give academics unprecedented insights into the shipping activities of importers and exporters around the world. Login with your Centenary College email address for access.
Main page http://www.importgenius.com/
Ingentaconnect provides researchers with online access to the full text of electronic articles, through online purchase of individual articles, or through subscriptions to publications.
JSTOR Arts and Sciences I, II, and III Interdisciplinary Collections
JSTOR is an online library of journals, academic ebooks, and primary sources.
An interactive online learning platform of practice tests (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, and MCAT) and tutorial course series designed to help students succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass. Users need to create an account by clicking on the link above.
LexisNexis provides access to billions of searchable documents and records from more than 45,000 legal, news and business sources. Also provides access to Shepard's Citations service for all federal and states court cases back to 1789. Contains full text articles from key journals and is valuable for business, management, tax, and legal research.
For a brief overview of the new LexisNexis interface, refer to the following video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZg3tqBC17E
A unique cross-referencing technology, Literati delivers authoritative answers to millions of researchers worldwide. Publisher and Subject Collections offer libraries deep reference content from over 1200 reference titles.
Biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of more than 120,000 authors from every age and literary discipline.
A source which recalls the plots of the world's great works of literature or provides a concise summary of books worth reading.
Offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature.
Full-text searching of all OED's definitions, etymologies, and quotations.
This is the world's most comprehensive collection of multidisciplinary dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1861 to the present day. Coverage includes business, health and medicine, history, literature and language, science and technology, social sciences, and the arts.
This database offers reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more.
Users have the ability to easily manipulate the maps, magnify and zoom in on specific sections.
Includes 15-20 page signed essays on more than 2,000 authors and literary genres drawn from the acclaimed Scribner print series.
Provides full-text critiques of 200 frequently used Twayne Literary Masters books on individual World, US, or English authors, for a total of 900 individual titles.
Search Magale's online catalog as well as collections all over the world for articles, conference proceedings government documents, monographs, videos and e-resources. NOTE: Magale's resources will appear first in the results list. Submit an ILL for items not included in Magale's collection.