If you can read this message, your browser likely does not support web standards. Though you will be able to use this site, you will not see the site as intended.

Student Government Association

Senate Meeting Minutes

December 6, 2005

I. Attendance
1. Call to order
Meeting called to order at 8:17
Attendance

Senator Attendance
Sen. Cook A
Sen.Hafer P
Sen.Liddell P
Sen.Ward P
Sen. Will P
Sen. King P
Sen. Lusted A
Sen. McDonald A
Sen. Russell P
Sen. Williams P
Sen. Boudreaux P
Sen. Kohrs P
Sen. Nelson P
Sen. Rougely P
Sen.Tan A
Sen. Furgerson P
Sen. Harrell P%0
Sen. Monette P
Sen. Nguyen P
Sen. Stuart P
Secretary Lang P
Treasurer Ehricht P
VPEA Cole P
VPIA Hills P
President Lavan P

TOTALS Present 21 Absent 4 Excused
Cole moves to amend line 53 to read $12,500 Seconded by Senator Nelson
Minutes approved
II Officer Reports
a. Secretary Lang-
b. Treasurer Ehricht- $9,102.86 left for the semester.
c. V.P. EA- Homecoming committee is meeting tomorrow at 7 in the senate room in the SUB
d. V.P. IA- I hope everyone got the revision.
e. President Lavan- Nothing for now
Media Report for Pandora via VPEA Cole, There wasnít an issue last year because they were having software issues, there will be an issue when we come back from break and there should be one for this year at the end of the year as well.

Media Report for Yoncopin
Barrett McGee-
This yearís yearbook is on track, we have turned in the cover of the yearbook and we have another deadline for the 19th of this month, 30 pages, they will be finished. We paid our first bill on time. Most of our deadlines are next semester.
Senator Russell- Is there a theme for the yearbook this year?
McGee-ďA picture says it allĒ, we are trying to have a lot more pictures with better quality.
Senator Will- Do we all have pictures, like do we take yearbook pictures?
McGee- Yes there will be photo days and everyone will have their pictures in it if they want.
Treasurer Ehricht- The pictures on your door are old can you change them.
McGee-If we have time, yes.
Senator Russell- I remember last year we could contribute pictures, can we do that again?
McGee- Yes anyone can contribute pictures. If you are going to send them electronically, I ask that they be high resolution, high quality.
Advisor Delaney- I know you have dealt with a lot of mess from last year, and I know you did a good job at dealing with that, thank you.
McGee- The staff member who worked with the yearbook last year came in and worked with the yearbook from last year and it has been turned in and will be arriving in March.
Treasurer Ehricht- Have yaíll changed your policy on saving stuff to personal computers.
McGee- It is my opinion that all work be done on the Yoncopin computer.
%
III Old Business
VPEA Cole moves to bring off the table Resolution 0506_11 Resolution to allocate $12,500.00, and SGA man power, to the 2006 Centenary College Homecoming Committee to fund the proposed plans for the 2006 ď3-Point Throw BackĒ Homecoming
Seconded by Senator Russell
Secretary Lang- I think we need to go ahead and allocate them money so they can get giveaways and reserve the food and the venue.
Senator Will- If we pass this we have to publicize a lot.
VPEA Cole- Nick is our publicity person and I think tomorrow he is going to pull pictures to go ahead and layout stuff to publicize with. We will get a more itemized list later as we buy the stuff if you would all like to see it.
Senator King- I donít have an amendment, but if we arenít going to cut this is just seems odd that we cut all these other organizations, but we donít even consider cutting this at all.
VPEA Cole- Homecoming is the biggest thing that we do. Every event draws somewhere around 200 people. This will reach a huge majority of our students.
Senator Ward calls to question, Senator Boudreaux seconds

Senator Vote%
Sen. Cook A
Sen.Hafer Y
Sen.Liddell Y
Sen.Ward Y
Sen. Will Y
Sen. King Y
Sen. Lusted A
Sen. McDonald A
Sen. Russell Y
Sen. Williams Y
Sen. Boudreaux A
Sen. Kohrs Y
Sen. Nelson Y
Sen. Rougely Y
Sen.Tan A
Sen. Furgerson Y
Sen. Harrell Y
Sen. Monette Y
Sen. Nguyen Y
Sen. Stuart Y
Secretary Lang Y
Treasurer Ehricht Y
VPEA Cole A
VPIA Hills Y
President Lavan Motion passes Y 18 N 0 A 6

Senator Boudreaux moves to pull off the table Resolution 0506_12 Resolution to allocate $150.00 to Best Buddies to fund Group Activities, Senator Williams seconds
Treasurer Ehricht- I think that it is good that they have so much planned for so little money
Senator Russell- I move to amend lines 4 and 22 to read $300.00, seconded by Senator King
I wanted to raise it because I think when she goes to buy these supplies it will go over the amount she is asking for. I think it would show that we are willing to do everything that we can to go out on a limb for them. And if she doesnít spend all the money it will come right back to us.
Senator Stuart- I think this is a good idea because this will save them from having to do so much fundraising, they shouldnít have to fundraise.
Senator Furgerson- I am not trying to take away from the organization, but we have given them some already, letís keep the other organizations in mind.
Senator Russell- This will give them a base to have more successful fundraising. The prices might go up a little bit next semester.
Senator Monette- Speaking of funds being returned, how successful is that getting that extra money back?
Treasurer Ehricht- I really canít say, b/c the groups generally use all their money. We could set up an account with the school and the left over could roll over.
Senator King- We can amend it so that it can say that she can give a financial report in the Spring, so we will know where the money went.
Senator Hafer- I donít see why we would give more money to a group than they asked for.
Senator King- This goes in line with what we are going with, efficiency. Letís get them off on the right foot. They will return the money they donít use.
Called to question by Senator Williams, Seconded by VPEA Cole
||Senator|| Vote
||Sen. Cook|| A
||Sen.Hafer|| N
||Sen.Liddell|| Y
||Sen.Ward|| Y
||Sen. Will|| Y
||Sen. King|| Y
||Sen. Lusted|| A
||Sen. McDonald|| A
||Sen. Russell|| Y
||Sen. Williams|| Y
||Sen. Boudreaux|| Y
||Sen. Kohrs|| N
||Sen. Nelson|| N
||Sen. Rougely|| Y
||Sen.Tan|| A
||Sen. Furgerson|| Y
||Sen. Harrell|| Y
||Sen. Monette|| Y
||Sen. Nguyen|| Y
||Sen. Stuart|| Y
||Secretary Lang|| A
||Treasurer Ehricht|| Y
||VPEA Cole|| Y
||VPIA Hills|| Y
||President Lavan||
Motion Passes Y 16 N 3 A 5
the main motion stands at $300 dollars
VPEA Cole calls to question, Senator Williams seconds
||Senator|| Vote
||Sen. Cook|| A
||Sen.Hafer|| Y
||Sen.Liddell|| Y
||Sen.Ward|| Y
||Sen. Will|| Y
||Sen. King|| Y
||Sen. Lusted|| A
||Sen. McDonald|| A
||Sen. Russell|| Y
||Sen. Williams|| Y
||Sen. Boudreaux|| Y
||Sen. Kohrs|| Y
||Sen. Nelson|| Y
||Sen. Rougely|| Y
||Sen.Tan|| A
||Sen. Furgerson|| Y
||Sen. Harrell|| Y
||Sen. Monette|| Y
||Sen. Nguyen|| Y
||Sen. Stuart|| Y
||Secretary Lang|| Y
||Treasurer Ehricht|| Y
||VPEA Cole|| Y
||VPIA Hills|| Y
||President Lavan||
Motion passes Y 20 N 0 A 4

IV New Business
None

V. Extra Business
SGA Fall Report
Georgia Tech V. Centenary January 10, we want to wear our polos and go to the game instead of meeting, If you are a TKE, I know you are probably already going, wear your polo anyway. We will move meeting to a different time. We will have our first meeting of the year the next week.
Senator King- What kind of precedent will this send?
VPIA Hills- I understand what you are saying, the president has the right to alter the time of meetings.
Senator Boudreaux- What happens if you already have a ticket.
President Lavan- You can sit with them just wear your polo.
Senator Monette- If you are not at this meeting is it unexcused?
President Lavan- Yes, it is during meeting time, that is why it works that way.
Senator Ward- Are we doing anything special together before the game? We should hand out the fight song at the door. Publicize it so everyone has the same color shirt.
Advisor Delaney- You could pass the schedule out for the rest of the season.
Senator Stuart- I think handing out the fight song, we should have a maroon-out.
Senator Williams- We will need to work on this some over break.
Senator Ward- We can get with the leading ladies so that they can maybe lead the fight song.
Senator Rougely- I donít know how feasible any of this sounds. If we do anything with the shirts, it wonít make a difference, because itís at Century Tel, and our student section will only make up a small portion.
President Lavan- Anything is better than nothing.
Senator King- Are there still tickets left?
Senator Monette- Can we get a block of tickets?
Treasurer Ehricht- You have to have everyoneís ids.
Senator King- There is a lady who works here works with the newspaper, maybe we can use that resource. We want to get our name out, so this will show everyone that we have school spirit.

SGA Fall Report- Tomorrow I have a meeting with the Board of Trustees and some of the professional staff, can you look over it to see if we should add or take away anything. I already have some corrections to make. This is not comprehensive. These are talking points.

History Book- Secretary Lang, President Lavan, Senator Russell, VPEA Cole, Treasurer Ehricht, Senator Will will work on it
LSU has something like this and they call it the L-Book. It just needs to be organized.

Bylaws Revision-
We had some problems last year so we need to go ahead and revise this.

ii. What should that say, itís not very clear?

VPIA Hills- It should say ďThe seven junior or senior women and seven junior or senior menÖÖĒ
Treasurer Ehricht calls to question Senator Monette seconds
||Senator|| Vote
||Sen. Cook|| A
||Sen.Hafer|| Y
||Sen.Liddell|| Y
||Sen.Ward|| Y
||Sen. Will|| Y
||Sen. King|| Y
||Sen. Lusted|| A
||Sen. McDonald|| A
||Sen. Russell|| Y
||Sen. Williams|| Y
||Sen. Boudreaux|| Y
||Sen. Kohrs|| Y
||Sen. Nelson|| Y
||Sen. Rougely|| Y
||Sen.Tan|| A
||Sen. Furgerson|| Y
||Sen. Harrell|| Y
||Sen. Monette|| Y
||Sen. Nguyen|| Y
||Sen. Stuart|| Y
||Secretary Lang|| Y
||Treasurer Ehricht|| Y
||VPEA Cole|| Y
||VPIA Hills|| Y
||President Lavan||
Passes 20 Y 0 N 4 A

Senator King- I want liz to eat with us.
Advisor Delaney- If you want to take a study break on Saturday night there will be a comedian at 9pm.
Senator Williams- Iím confused to where the rest of the choir people are.
Secretary Lang moves to adjourn, Treasurer Ehricht/VPEA Cole second