FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (3/05)
Contact: Centenary Office of Health Services, 318-869-5466
Centenary Wellness Fair
for Campus Community Set for April 5 in South Dining Hall
SHREVEPORT, LA — Students, faculty and staff at Centenary College
can take advantage of a range of services from cholesterol checks to advice
about various medical conditions at the college's upcoming Wellness Fair.
The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 5 in the
South Dining Hall of Bynum Commons. It is free to Centenary students,
faculty and staff.
- Amy Hammons, M.D. presenting “Ask the Doc”
- William Hall, D.D.S, “Ask the Dentist”
- Christus Schumpert Medical Center, cholesterol and glucose checks,
blood pressure check and determine your "health age"
- Willis-Knighton Medical Center, skin cancer prevention
- Tina Feldt, LCSW, depression screening, substance abuse and stress
- Feist-Weiller Cancer Center at LSU Health Sciences Center
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- Office of Public Health STD Clinic
- Philadelphia Center HIV Prevention
- Life Share Blood Center, blood donations
- And more
Snacks and door prizes will be available. For further information, contact
Centenary Health Services at 869-5466.
- 30 -