Contact: Lynn Stewart or Kacie Lopez, Centenary News Service, 318-869-5120
Centenary Soccer to Host Summer Camps Starting June 4
SHREVEPORT, LA – Beginning June 4, the soccer program at Centenary College will host summer camps for young players. The camp is divided into sessions that are specially designed to meet the needs of athletes of different ages and skill levels. Age groups range from 5-18, and include coed, boys’ sessions and girls’ sessions. Both the Indoor Camp and Lil’ Booters Camp allow young campers to practice entirely indoors.
The Residential Soccer Camp, which allows players to stay overnight in Centenary’s residence halls, is the most popular option. Campers also have the option to choose the Full-Day Camp, which offers the same features as the Residential Camp without the overnight stay.
Campers can also choose to participate in the Goal Keeper Academy, which offers specialized training for goalies or Team Camp, which allows players to sign up as a group and focus on the fundamentals of teamwork. Centenary hosts a staff of quality trainers from around the country and aims to make the camps fun as well as challenging. Cost for the camp ranges from $100 to $325. Information for each camp is as follows:
- Indoor Camp, ages 5-10, June 4-7 & June 18-21, $100
- Lil’ Booters, ages 5-7, July 22-26, $100
- Day Camp, ages 8-10, July 22-26, $200
- Residential Girls Camp, ages 10-18, July 15-19, $325, or Full-Day Non-Resident, $250
- Residential Boys Camp, ages 10-13, July 15-19, $325 or Full-Day Non-Resident, $250
- Residential Boys Elite Camp, ages 14-18, July 29-Aug. 2, $325 or Full-Day on-Resident, $250
The Indoor Camps are located at S’port Indoor Soccer Arena. All others are located at Centenary College.
For a brochure and further information, contact Chase Wooten at 318-869-5165.