Contact: Kevin Wagner, Assistant Dean of Student Life and Director of Residence Life, 318-869-5023, or Centenary News Service, 318-869-5120
Centenary Earns Four National, Three Regional Honors from Residence Hall Organization
SHREVEPORT, LA — Members of Centenary College's Mark R. Miller Chapter of the National Residence Hall Honorary have just received notice of four national and three regional awards from the National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH) and the Southwest Affiliate (SWACURH). SWACURH includes some 35 schools in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma.
Award winners for May 2007 from Centenary, and the students who nominated them, are:
- Dr. Scott Chirhart, Advisor of the Month. The nomination was written by Amos Sit.
- The Goodwill Donation Drive, which received the Community Service Program of the Month Award. The nomination was written by Allison Cormier.
- Stacey Stokes, Resident Assistant of the Month. The nomination was written by Gabriel Silvas.
National Of-the-Month (OTM) Awards went to:
- Centenary Fitness Center student workers in the "Community" category. The nomination was written by Maggie Mahoney.
- The Resident Assistant staff for "Organization," nominated by Josh Coco.
- Centenary May Modules, for "Spotlight," nominated by Mahoney.
- Mindy McKoin, National Student of the Month, nominated by Sit.
Centenary will be the site Nov. 8-11 for the regional SWACURH conference. Some 300 students from colleges and universities in the four SWACURH states are expected to attend. For further information about the conference, contact student co-chairs Cody Andrews and Maggie Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org.