Springboard is a required, two day, on-campus session during which you will meet with your advisor to register for class, finalize financial arrangements, meet classmates, take placement exams, and prepare for your coming move to Centenary.
Orientation Springboard – Friday August 16, 2013
The most important step is to work toward completing the items on your post-deposit checklist. One of these items is your Springboard sign-up (see above); for the rest, you'll be emailed a special link within a few days of paying your enrollment deposit beginning March 1.
You must have proof of the meningitis vaccine prior to registering for classes, so schedule this before you attend Springboard.
Consult with your parents about the financial arrangements that you will make while on campus. Research your options for different payment plans.
Start thinking about registration. Explore our Majors and Departments before your Springboard.
Pack accordingly; make sure you look over our list of things to bring.
Once on Campus
During Summer Springboards, you will spend two days on campus. Our programs begin at 2:00pm on Sunday and finish by 4:00pm on Monday.
- register for classes
- meet other incoming students and returning students
- receive your email address and student ID card assignment
- complete and submit paperwork for Financial Aid, the Business Office, Health Services, and the Department of Public Safety so that you will be eligible to attend classes in the fall
- discover opportunities to get involved in extracurricular, leadership, service, religious and other activities on campus
- meet Centenary faculty and staff members
- take optional placement tests in French and Spanish
- ask any remaining questions about classes, majors, college life, and everything Centenary
Still Have Questions?
Here are some important names and contact information that you may find useful:
|Springboard Questions||Janet Ingram||318.869.5045|
|Financial Aid||Lynette Viskoski||318.869.5137|
|Residential Life||Montgomery Mewers||318.869.5110|
|Health Services||Mark Miller||318.869.5466|