Professional Development offers individual career coaching to all students and alumni. Students are encouraged to meet with a career coach as early as their first semester to discuss all aspects of the professional discernment process.
Here is a sample of concerns that might bring a student to career coaching:
- "I have no idea what I want to do with my life."
- "I have no idea what I want to major in."
- "I want to know what careers I might pursue with this major."
- "I'm thinking about the possibility of going to graduate school."
- "I need to get some internship or work experience and don't know how to get started."
To make an appointment, call 869-5157 or email email. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30am - 4:30pm and Friday 8:30am - 3:00pm.
Discernment 101 is a five week workshop designed to help you define your interests and passions and make a plan to begin pursuing those. It's like our career coaching appointments, but in a small group setting. Each week we will cover a different stage in the process of discovering and following your passions.
We hold Discernment 101 once a semester. Look for email announcements about mid-semester to sign up.
Contact us at email for questions or to be added to the list for next semester's Discernment 101 workshop.
We are located in Smith Building 205C, on the corner of Woodlawn and East Kings Highway. See the campus map.
Professional Development | Centenary College | Shreveport, LA | 318.869.5157