Admissions - International Students
International students are candidates for admission who are not citizens of the United States and do not possess a permanent residential visa. Overseas applicants are strongly encouraged to submit application materials well in advance of the posted deadlines. The College adopts as its official policy for international student admission the guidelines published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers in its World Education Series.
The Admissions Committee will only review a complete international application, which consists of the following items:
- A completed application;
- A written response to the application essay;
- Originals or certified copies of all high school or secondary school records and diplomas (faxes, advisement and student copies are not official)ódocuments must be translated, if not in English ;
- SAT I, ACT, or a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 on the written test or 213 on the computer-based format is required of all non-native speakers of English;
- Transfer students must have an official college transcript mailed directly from each college attended;
- A completed statement of financesólisting sources of income to pay for attending Centenary;
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, college professor or advisor, but additional sources are also welcomed to provide further recommendations on the student's behalf;
- A health certificate;
- Two passport photos. CA (2003-04), pp. 19-20.
The Registrar has authorization to accept as meeting the foreign language requirement... the non-English native tongue of international students. (11/21/1994)