If it should become necessary for a student to withdraw from the College, permission must be secured from the Provost of the College. Permission will not normally be given except in case of emergency after nine weeks of the semester have elapsed. The student must discharge all financial obligations to the College and be cleared by the College library in order to receive the Provost's approval. Failure to attend classes does not constitute withdrawal and if students leave the College without completing the withdrawal procedures, they will receive a grade of F" in all courses in which they were registered and will forfeit any right to refund of fees. Credit for completion of service learning or career exploration will be recorded if a student completes these components prior to withdrawing from school. CA (2003-04), p. 48

Failure to attend classes does not constitute a withdrawal. Official withdrawal is the date the student receives the approval of the Provost of the College to withdrawal, and all institutional refunds are based on that date, regardless of the date of last attendance. In addition, there are academic penalties for failure to complete the proper procedures.

Prior to obtaining a withdrawal form, students receiving financial aid should consult the Financial Aid Director. A withdrawal form, available at the office of the Provost of the College, must be filed immediately by a student who withdrawals from the College after he or she has registered for classes in a regular session, summer session, or module. The completed form bearing the proper signatures must be filed at the Office of the Registrar. CA (2003-04), p. 26.