Criteria for Social Science Core Courses
- The course should be an empirical and scientific examination of human behavior.
- The course should use clearly stated methodologies in the gathering and analysis of data. These methods need to reflect standard approaches within the field of study and findings should be replicable.
- The course should be explicit in addressing relationships between theory and data.
- Students will learn to read and evaluate social science research in course.
- The course submitted for consideration should have no prerequisites (exception: 300-400 level courses may have a 100-level prerequisite, as long as the prerequisite course has also been approved for Core)
Last updated March 20, 2007.