|Faculty Member, Diversity Advocate||Dr. Dana Kress|
|Faculty Member||Dr. Gale Odom|
|Faculty Member||Dr. Chris Parker|
|Faculty Member||Dr. Debbie Shepherd|
|Staff (underrepresented group)||Ms. Monica Powell|
|Student (President, Minority Student Association)|
|Student (President/designee, SGA)|
|Student (at large)|
|Director, Human Resources, ex-officio||Ms. Edie Cummings|
|Dean of Student Life (or designee), ex-officio||Mr. Mark Miller|
|Provost Designee, ex-officio||Mr. Chris Lavan|
Purposes and Responsibilities
This committee articulates a working definition of diversity for the college and develops and implements an ongoing plan that promotes a culture for valuing diversity on campus. Specifically, the plan should recommend strategies to:
- increase recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students;
- provide ongoing diversity training for campus leaders, including administration, faculty, staff, and students;
- broaden Centenary’s involvement with our diverse local community and region;
- handle diversity-related disputes or issues on campus;
- improve campus programs and policies regarding diversity, where appropriate.
The committee will produce an annual report including an explicit statement of goals, procedures and progress.
The committee will be composed of the following Presidential appointees: three faculty recommended by the FCC and who have demonstrated interest in diversity issues; three staff, at least one of whom is non-exempt and one of whom is exempt and one of whom is a member of an underrepresented group; three students, including the President of the Minority Student Association or a designee, the President of Student Government Association or a designee, and one at-large student; the Director of Human Resources (ex-officio) the Dean of Student Life or designee (ex-officio); the Provost and Dean of the College or designee (ex-officio).
Last updated 15 August 2014.