RELIGIOUS STUDIES LINKS
- Oriental Research Archives
Contains great information about the Ancient Near East.
- Ecole Initiative
An encyclopedia of Early Church History. No longer updated but a good set of archived materials.
- Babylonian and Near Eastern Resources
Questions about the relationship between Babylonian and Sumerian narrative? Want to learn about the finer points of Babylonian etiquette? This is the spot.
- Buddhist Studies WWW Virtual Library
In addition to general Buddhist resources, this site offers links to many others sites.
- Catholic Links
A portal site for several helpful resources.
- A Guide to Christian Literature
This site provides links to classical Christian literature throughout the ages, including canon documents, catechisms and works of the Early Church Fathers.
- Christus Rex et Redemptor Mundi
Another interesting site concerning Catholicism, including a virtual tour of Vatican City.
- A Guide to Early Christian Documents
Maintained by Gary Bogart and John Brubaker, this Institute for Christian Leadership site contains many pointers to resources available over the Internet relating to the early church, including such items as canonical documents, creeds, and Apostolic writings.
This site has archived numerous texts and rituals related to the study and practice of Zoroastrianism.
- Byzantium Studies
With a link to the ARGOS system, a search engine for all things of antiquity, this site will help you explore the mysteries of Byzantium.
- Ancient Worlds
A site for Ancient History buffs. Alright, so it requires money to subscribe, but you be the judge: is it worth the cost? Still, it has some great free rooms, so check it out.
- The Early Church Fathers
A 38-volume collection of writings from the first 800 years of the Church. This collection is divided into three series, Ante-Nicene (ANF), Nicene and Post-Nicene Series I (NPNF1), and Nicene and Post-Nicene Series II (NPNF2).
- Greek Mythology and Gods
Interesting portal for information on Ancient Greek myth and religion.
- Queer Resources Directory
A one-stop shopping spree for sites related to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered studies.
- Bulfinch's Mythology
A classic—but at points critically flawed—text. Brush up on your Greek and Roman mythology...it will improve your Cultural Literacy Quotient.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Don't know the difference between Heidegger and Hormel Chili? Need to know what "phenomenological" means? Look here.
- The Perseus Project
An evolving digital library of resources for the study of the ancient world and beyond. Collaborators initially formed the project to construct a large, heterogeneous collection of materials, textual and visual, on the Archaic and Classical Greek world.
- Resources Pages for Biblical Studies
Norway-based web site offering many great links for the serious study of Early Church documents and social world.
- The Roman Project
Interested in any aspect of Ancient Roman civilization? Look at this interesting site designed for sixth graders at the Dalton School.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Judaism
A terrific Judaica site.
- The American Religious Experience
While currently in a state of hibernation, this site provides wonderful resources in its stated area.
- Women's Studies Database
Great portal site for those folks interested in Women and Gender studies.
- Women and Gender Studies
Another great portal.
- Project Guttenberg
First e-book site on the net...and still holding strong. Read online for free.
This site useful for the study of women and gender in the Ancient world.
- Religious Tolerance Organization
An Ottawa-based web site which promotes religious tolerance through offering encyclopedic knowledge about world and regional religions. Also a great site concerning homosexuality and religion.
- Religion Online
More than 6000 articles and chapters which you can read, download, and print. Topics include Old and New Testament, Theology, Ethics, History of Religion, Comparative Religions, Sociology of Religion, Religion and Communication, Pastoral Care and Counseling, Homiletics, Liturgy and Worship, Missions and Religious Education.
- Internet Resources for the Academic Study of Religion
A rather comprehensive site for perspective students looking for academic programs and current students looking for reference materials.
- The Baha'i Faith
Offical site for those persons interested in this religious tradition.
- Catholic Net
Site on Catholic teachings and history; highly commercial and political.
- Cushwa Center for the Study of American Catholicism
The center studies the historical role of Roman-Catholicism in the United States.
- Diamond Way Buddhism
A good site for learning the basics of Buddhism, although the majority of the content focuses on the teachings from a lay school of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Hypertext Qur'an
An online version of this Islamic sacred text.
- Hinduism Today
The monthly magazine affirming Sanatana Dharma and recording the modern history of a billion-strong global religion in renaissance.
- Internet Sacred Text Archives
The name says it all.
- New Revised Standard Version
This version of the Christian Bible online and searchable.
Extensive Jewish Studies library.
- Virtual Jerusalem
Explore myriad aspects of Jewish life and culture on this commercial web site. Complete with bulletin boards, chat rooms, free virtual postcards and even a personnals section.
CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- American Baptist Churches in the USA
- The American Ethical Union
- Anglican Catholic Church
- Anglican Church of Canada
- The Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdioscese of North America
- Armenian Church of America Eastern
- Assemblies of God (USA)
- Canadian and American Reformed Churches Resources Site
- Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
- The Catholic Apostolic Church of Antioch
- Evangelical Christian Church in Canada
- Charismatic Orthodox Church Unoffical Site
- Christ Catholic Church
- Christadelphia World Wide
- Christian Church or Disciples of Christ
- Christian Home Church Network
- Christian Reformed Church
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Church of the Brethern
- Church of God Seventh Day
- Church of the Lutheran Brethren of America
- Church of the Nazarene
- Congregational Christian Churches in Canada
- Episcopal Church in the USA
- Evangelical Free Church of America
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- Faithful Companions of Jesus
- Friends United Meeting
- Free Church of Scotland
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America
- Independent Catholic Church of America
- International Council of Community Churches
- International Fellowship of Christian Assemblies
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Liberal Catholic Church, U.S.A. Provence
- Liberation Community
- Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
- Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church in North America
- The Mar Thoma Church of North America
- Mennonite Church USA
- Messianic Jewish Alliance of America
- Metropolitan Community Churches
- Missionary Cenacle Family
- Moravian Church
- Old Catholic Church of America
- Orthodox Catholic Church of America
- Orthodox Church in America
- Polish National Catholic Church of America
- Presbyterian Church U.S.A.
- Presbyterian Church in America
- Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc.
- Reformed Church in America
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Serbian Orthodox Church in North and South America
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Seventh Day Baptist General Conference
- The Servants of Christ Jesus
- Church of Scientology
- The Swedenborgian Church
- Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch, Archdiocese of Eastern United States
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church in America
- Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations
- Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations
- The United Church of Canada
- United Church of Christ
- The United Methodist Church
- United Pentecostal Church International