Becoming a Tutor
Here are some basic qualifications we desire from applicants:
- junior or senior status
- major (or minor, in some cases) in area for which you want to serve as a tutor
- excellence in the subject for tutoring and strong work in other subjects
- completion of several introductory-level courses in subject at Centenary
- strong interpersonal communication skills.
To apply, mail both of the following in campus mail to Kari Brownholland:
- a letter stating your interest in tutoring (and the subject(s) for which you are qualified). Also include a list of intro level classes that you've taken in that subject and any experience you have with tutoring.
- a brief statement of support (or recommendation) from a professor in the relevant subject.