- Print in ink or type all information required on the application. Be as thorough as possible.
- Be sure the application is signed.
- Attach to the front of the application a non-refundable $50.00 application fee, which covers the cost of processing. DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE MAIL. All checks or money orders are to be made payable to Centenary College.
- Mail the application with fee to:
Department of Education
Centenary College of Louisiana
106 Kings Highway, Suite 203
Shreveport, Louisiana 71104
All transcripts, scores & required documents must be received in the Department of Education office by the deadlines for that term.
Fall Term Admission - July 1
Spring Term Admission – November 1
Summer Term Admission – April 1
- Have a non-education bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited traditional liberal arts college or university. Degrees from nontraditional institutions such as Management Institutes, Online degrees, or Distance Learning degrees will not be accepted.
- Be academically eligible to return to their previous institutions.
- Provide TWO (2) complete official transcripts (sent from the institution directly to the Centenary Department of Education) from every institution previously attended, including undergraduate and
graduate work. Transcripts from at least one of the previously attended institutions should show evidence of completion of a bachelor degree from a regionally college or university. (All documents submitted for
admission become the property of Centenary College and cannot be returned to applicants).
- Have a career grade point average of 2.5 (4.0 system) or better for all work pursued, including graduate and undergraduate grades.
- Have submitted a completed application form with a $50 nonrefundable application fee. Application forms are available in the Department of Education.
- Present passing scores as mandated by the State of Louisiana Department of Education on:
- Submit a written essay, of no more than 500 words, explaining your career progression, your significant career accomplishments, your professional strengths, and your professional goals.
- Submit a resume.
- Provide Immunization Records including the Meningococcal Vaccination.
- Submit signed Centenary Professional Code of Conduct Form. (found with application)
- Submit signed Centenary Background Check Consent Form. (found with application)
- Participate in a successful admission interview with the Chairperson of the Department of Education or designee.