We are accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year!
Why is it called Node?
In recent years, whether in the events of the Arab Spring or Occupy Wall Street, we have seen social technologies empower people. They connect citizens to information. They connect citizens to each other. And, in some cases, they connect citizens to resources. Node is a Living Learning Community that involves Centenary students in the critical production of these technologies with a focus on social change.
Node is so named because it reflects and addresses a convergence on many levels:
- students coming together from a variety of academic areas to work together toward a common project;
- the confluence of virtual reality and physical reality through social media; and
- the intersection and interaction of Centenary students with the larger Shreveport-Bossier community.
If you want to ...
- use social media to connect people
- use phone apps to increase productivity
- use games to help people
- use digital media to examine social issues
- use technology to explore alternate realities
We are learning, creating, and playing with all of them at Node, where students engage technology to produce social change.