The Trek Handbook
The Trek Handbook (to be updated soon) is the comprehensive resource for students and faculty. The handbook gives a complete overview of the Trek program, each individual Trek component, and the assessment process for each opportunity offered through Trek.
Developing Trek Program Options
Proposals from faculty or students are due by the corresponding deadlines below. Late or retroactive proposals are not guaranteed to be accepted for review.
STUDENTS: SEMESTER OR STUDY PERIOD
|Spring & May Term proposals||November 1|
|Summer & Fall proposals||April 1|
FACULTY: SEMESTER OF COURSE/PROJECT
|Centenary in Paris||mid-October|
Addendum to Trek Handbook, March 20, 2020
As voted on by Trek Committee and Academic Policy Council, the following changes have been made to the Trek Handbook, and will remain in effect for the remainder of the Spring Semester:
- Faculty are permitted to relax the current practice of requiring students to fulfill Trek components at a single site (study of one culture, service or internship at a single organization, etc) in 2020 Spring and May terms. This will provide flexibility for faculty helping students to complete their Trek credit in Spring and May.
- Faculty and instructors teaching Trek courses during the 2020 Spring and May terms are authorized to reduce the number of direct contact and/or total experiential contact hours required for Trek credit by up to 30% for the term.
- Career: 80 hours may be reduced to ~56 hours (see p6 of Trek Faculty Handbook)
- Culture: 45 hours may be reduced to ~32 hours (see p8 of Trek Faculty Handbook)
- Community: 30 hours may be reduced to ~21 hours (see p11 of Trek Faculty Handbook)
Trek instructors and faculty will not require additional review or approval, but do need to document the change and certify that students are still able to appropriately meet the learning objectives of their course under the modified requirements.
These changes apply to 2020 Spring and May terms only. As is always the case, extreme cases may still be considered by APC.