A message from Provost Karen Soul sent via email • Wednesday, May 19 8:50 am
Dear Centenary Community,
I am writing today with news of some important changes to safety protocols on the Centenary campus. In accordance with the most recent CDC guidance for individuals fully vaccinated against COVID-19, Centenary is making the following changes to campus policies for students and employees, effective immediately:
- Masks are optional in both indoor and outdoor settings for fully vaccinated individuals who provide documentation of their vaccination status or recent recovery from COVID-19.
- Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Please review CDC guidelines for protecting yourself in between vaccine doses or before the two week period ends after a single-dose vaccine.
- Individuals are considered to be recently recovered from the time that their CDC-recommended isolation ends until 90 days after their positive COVID test.
- To document your vaccination status or COVID-recovery status, please fill out the appropriate form below:
- Students: https://centenary.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/482055 (goes to Student Health Services)
- Employees: https://forms.office.com/r/h5QxHpgY6E (goes to Director of Human Resources)
- Individuals who have not been fully vaccinated or have not recently recovered from COVID-19 must follow current policies, including wearing masks at all times when in the presence of others and practicing physical distancing.
- The College reserves the right to require masks or additional safety protocols at large, higher-risk, or high density events.
- The College will continue to fully comply with all state and local safety policies, including but not limited to the Louisiana Open Safely requirements for specific campus venues and events such as conferences, events museums, libraries, restaurants, etc. More information is available at https://opensafely.la.gov/PublicLinks.aspx.
- Participants in youth camps at Centenary this summer will follow the guidelines below:
- Children 11 and younger may choose to wear or not wear masks according to their preferences and those of their parents.
- Children 12 and older will follow campus guidelines for students and employees.
If you have not yet been vaccinated against COVID-19, there are local and national resources available to help you learn about the safety and efficacy of the three vaccines and to find a vaccination site.
- The CDC provides frequent updates to its Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines page, including information about vaccine safety, side effects, and activities that fully vaccinated individuals can enjoy.
- Centenary’s Vaccination Information page contains local resources for vaccination sites, an FAQ, and links to the a recording from the College’s expert vaccine panel discussion hosted in January 2021.
- Find a vaccination location near you at vaccines.gov.
I realize that there may be questions and concerns as we make changes and begin the return to some of our pre-COVID activities and practices. You can continue to direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please refer to centenary.edu/covid19 for additional updates and announcements this summer.