Campus Update - Sent via email from Dr. Chris Holoman - March 22, 2021 4:42 PM
Dear Centenary community,
This month marks one year since Centenary College began to respond in earnest to what was then referred to as the novel coronavirus. It has, of course, been a year filled with so many challenges, but I am encouraged by the rapidly-expanding access to vaccines in our community and in the daily improvement in the COVID-19 metrics that we have been tracking on campus as well as those in our city, state, and nation.
For updated information on COVID-19 vaccine eligibility in Louisiana and local vaccination sites, as well as community testing locations, please visit centenary.edu/covid19. I encourage everyone to take advantage of the outstanding public health resources we are fortunate to have in Shreveport-Bossier City.
Given these improvements, I am pleased to announce the following changes to our current campus visitor and event policies, effective Friday, March 26. PLEASE READ CLOSELY!
- Community members (non-Centenary faculty, staff, and students) will be allowed on campus to attend outdoor events sponsored by the College
- Off-campus events sponsored by the College may be held, provided they comply with all state and local regulations in place at the time. Please consult www.opensafely.la.gov/PublicLinks.aspx while planning events.
- Invited spectators will be welcome to attend outdoor athletic events beginning March 26. Invited spectators include Centenary students, faculty, and staff (with valid Centenary ID) and individuals submitted to a pass list that will be maintained and managed by the Athletic Department. Please see https://gocentenary.com/information/COVID-19_information for the full home spectator policy.
We feel comfortable making these changes due to the improving community conditions but, most importantly, due to the diligence that all members of our campus community have displayed to keep themselves and others safe throughout the last year. In order to keep moving Forward Safely, please also note that some crucial regulations are not changing:
- All community members and visitors to campus must follow the Personal Safety Guidelines for Centenary Community Members and Guests, including wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and hand washing and sanitizing.
- Non-Centenary community members are not allowed to attend indoor events at this time.
We are excited to be able to make these changes and look forward to safely welcoming community members back to campus at several upcoming events, including our traditional Easter Sunrise Service on Sunday, April 4. Please visit centenary.edu and Centenary’s social media accounts for announcements about upcoming events this spring.
I am very grateful for all the hard work, patience, and cooperation that has brought us to this point and I look forward to a successful and fulfilling Spring with you on campus.