A message from karen soul
October 27, 2021 9:15 a.M.
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Yesterday, Governor John Bel Edwards announced that he will lift Louisiana’s statewide mask mandate beginning today, October 27, 2021. You can read the Executive Order here, along with recommendations for continued COVID-19 mitigation.
Centenary College will implement the below campus protocols in response to the Governor’s order. Please read these carefully. Communication about these changes will be sent to students this afternoon.
- Everyone is required to mask in classrooms (including outdoor classrooms) and at indoor events, performances, and competitions.
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to mask indoors at all times.
The following exceptions to the mask policy are allowed:
- Masks are optional for vaccinated and recently recovered individuals at College-sponsored events/meetings with fewer than 10 individuals.
- If a class or group is 100% vaccinated/recently recovered, the instructor or staff leader may choose to allow the group to meet unmasked, regardless of group size.
For these instances, the College recommends one or more of the following measures:
- Conduct activities outdoors or with increased ventilation.
- Increase physical distance.
- Conduct weekly or event testing.
Masks are not required outdoors regardless of vaccination status.
Our campus community has done an outstanding job pursuing vaccination and following safety protocol. The overall campus vaccination rate is 88% and includes the following:
Full-Time Faculty: 98%
Part-Time Faculty: 90%
Full-Time Staff: 91%
Part-Time Staff: 86%
Contract Workers: 81%
This is a wonderful milestone for the College and I thank you for your perseverance. If you have questions about these or other COVID-19 protocols, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org