- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO APPREHEND OR INTERFERE with a criminal or violent individual except in cases of self protection.
- Everyone is asked to assist in making the campus a safe place by being alert to suspicious persons or situations and by reporting them to the Department of Public Safety.
- The Department of Public Safety’s website includes a link to the state’s Sex Offender Registry. This list can be also be viewed directly at http://lasocpr1.lsp.org/.
Employees are required to notify Campus Police immediately (5000) when they observe the following:
A life threatening situation that is in progress, such as a physical confrontation.
- Acts of violence or threats in the workplace or other conduct reasonably indicating that violence is imminent.
- Employees are required to promptly notify the Department of Public Safety if a Restraining Order is filed that lists the College as a restricted location.
- Employees are required to promptly notify the Department of Public Safety of any known threats.
- If you witness a criminal or violent act or whenever you notice a person(s) acting suspiciously on campus, immediately notify the Department of Public Safety and give them the information outlined on the image below.
- IF YOU ARE THE VICTIM of any on campus violation of the law such as assault, robbery, theft, or overt sexual behavior, DO NOT TAKE ANY UNNECESSARY CHANCES!
NOTIFY THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY by dialing 5000 as soon as possible and providing them with the information noted on the diagram below.
Some things to take note of: