Career Exploration engages students in the exploration of meaningful lifework. With the mentoring students receive as they learn to integrate purpose and passion, personality, strengths, values, and academic interests, they can more readily choose a major, change a major, or develop professional goals. The office also coordinates the Trek|Career experience which includes offering Career Strategies classes and mentoring students through independent internships and guided research.
Students often come to the Office of Career Exploration and Integrated Advising with the following questions:
- I want to change my major...but to what?
- How do I discover my passions?
- What are my unique skills and strengths?
- How can I make the most of my Centenary experience?
- What can I do to create a meaningful life after Centenary?
The Office offers individual career counseling services to incoming students, current students, and Centenary alumni.