The Trek Experience is a graduation requirement encompassing exploration of CAREER, CULTURE and COMMUNITY.
The Trek Experience is driven by one clear mission:
To incorporate into the required curriculum distinctive, experience-based programs for students to enhance their self-knowledge and social awareness through career/graduate school preparation, intercultural engagement, and civic involvement. Toward these ends, the Trek Experience has four main goals to achieve:
- To integrate experiential learning into a traditional academic context, so that students can link classroom learning with practical application.
- To understand that social interaction is an integral part of education.
- To recognize their roles as citizens and leaders responsible for meeting the challenges facing an ever-changing world.
- To realize that personal reflection about their engagement with the world beyond the classroom can lead to real self-knowledge and social awareness.
Want More Information About The Trek Program?
To learn more about other details including the structure of how the program works here at Centenary College click one of the links below.
- Trek for Prospective Students and Parents
- Trek for Current Students
- Trek for Faculty
- Trek for Community Partners