Centenary Beast Feast raises over $50,000 for student scholarships
SHREVEPORT, LA – Centenary’s annual Beast Feast: Something for Everyone! fundraiser raised nearly $55,000 in 2023, the largest total in the event’s six-year history. Beast Feast 2023, held on Centenary’s Jones Rice Field on Saturday, April 29, featured 19 amateur cook teams competing for “Best of Beast Feast” awards in the Beef/Poultry/Pork, Seafood, Wild Game, and Vegan/Vegetarian categories.
“We are so grateful for everyone who made this an event a success,” commented vice president for development, Fred Landry. “From the execution by our alumni office and all the cooks, volunteers, and guests, Beast Feast remains a signature event for Centenary and the Shreveport-Bossier community in support of our Ladies and Gents.”
The Office of the Lt. Governor and the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board provided a generous donation of Louisiana seafood to be prepared at the event, including crawfish, shrimp, and oysters. The Louisiana Beef Industry Council also provided a variety of cuts of beef for the volunteer chefs.
“Best of Beast Feast” award winners for 2023 include:
- Best Beef/Poultry/Prok – Pulled Pork Tater Tots by Shrevepork
- Best Seafood – Tangy Marinated Cajun Shrimp by the Meadows Museum of Art
- Best Wild Game – Quail and Pheasant Gumbo by John Odom
- Best Vegan/Vegetarian – Crab Bites, Deviled Potato Bites, Carrot Bacon-Wrapped Apples, Pecan Stuffed Dates by Sodexo
- Overall Best of Beast Feast – Curry Fried Catfish by Marilynn’s Place
Beast Feast: Something for Everyone returns to Jones Rice Field on Saturday, April 27, 2024. Watch centenary.edu/beastfeast for updates on next year’s event!