Centenary College continues global #GivingTuesday movement with #CentenaryGivingTuesday
SHREVEPORT, LA — Centenary College is proud to be a part of the #GivingTuesday movement, which encourages a nationwide day of philanthropy. Held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, it follows the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Thanks to alumni and friends of the College, Centenary received over $85,000 in 2017. For 2018, the College hopes to keep those numbers climbing and set a new #CentenaryGivingTuesday record.
“Giving Tuesday is quickly becoming a giving tradition at Centenary,” says Brooke Rinaudo, general appeals and special events coordinator. “#GivingTuesday is a great way to kick off the charitable season by combining the generosity of the Centenary community with this national day of giving.”
Beginning November 27th at 12:00 a.m., Centenary supporters can visit centenary.edu/GivingTuesday to make a donation as part of #CentenaryGivingTuesday. Thanks to a generous donor, all donations made towards Giving Tuesday will be matched dollar for dollar up to $50,000.
The College has also planned interactive Giving Tuesday events throughout the day, including:
- 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Breakfast at the Caf with Dr. Christopher Holoman, 31st president of Centenary College.
- 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Visit with President Holoman and other alumni and friends of the Centenary Community at the Meadows Museum of Art to celebrate the success of Giving Tuesday. Enjoy some light hors d'oeuvres and view the current museum exhibit DEVIL IN A WHITE CITY: A painting series by Lavar Munroe.
Centenary will also host lunch and “Next Step” seminars by Regions Bank that focus on the impact of donor generosity:
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Identity Theft: Learn how to protect your hard-earned money and good name. Our presenter will discuss common forms of identity theft; ways to recognize and prevent it; what to do if you are a victim; and where to report fraudulent activity.
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.: lunch: Giving Tuesday Spotlight: Join us for a meal and hear from members of the Centenary community how donor gifts support and enhance their campus activities.
- 12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.: Maximize Your Wealth: Learn how managing your money can help maximize your personal wealth. Our presenter will discuss reaching your wealth goals; building an effective investment portfolio and identifying potential investment fraud; and managing a transfer of wealth as well as retirement planning and charitable giving.
Online registration for these events is available at centenary.edu/GivingTuesday.