The Spanish faculty of the Department of Foreign Languages oversee courses that support
- Minor in Spanish
- Business / Foreign Language Coordinate Program
- certification to teach Spanish via the Master of Arts in Teaching
- any student's desire to incorporate Spanish into their academic path
Whether you hope to learn basic Spanish in order to survive abroad or you want to immerse yourself in Hispanic history and culture through the study of Cervantes or Garcia Marquez, Centenary's Spanish program can meet your needs.
If you would like to put your Spanish to use right here in Northern Louisiana:
- Come to "La Mesa de Espanol." Enjoy food and conversation with Spanish speaking members of the Centenary College community. All levels are welcome!
- Attend fiestas. Many of the Spanish courses do take time out to celebrate. We have movie nights, informal dinners (Shreveport has great Mexican restaurants), and salsa fiestas.
- Become involved with Shreveport's Hispanic community through community service and volunteer projects. You could tutor English or help out with the annual Cinco de Mayo festival.
Spanish Minor Requirements
- 22 semester hours in Spanish. These hours must include the following courses.
- 6 semester hours (2 courses) numbered above 300. One of these courses must be a literature course.
- 2 semester hours selected from the conversation labs: 211, 212, 311, 312. **
- ** Native speakers of Spanish should substitute a class for the conversation labs.