For more information on redemption windows, please see the FAQs below.
With Passport Points, you can earn rewards simply by attending campus events — then redeem your points
to help cover the travel costs related to approved international educational travel opportunities.
Here's how it works:
- Participate in approved cultural enrichment programming to earn points.
- Earn up to 500 points per semester and up to a total of 2,000 points over 4 years of full-time undergraduate enrollment.
- Points can be redeemed to help offset travel expenses related to approved international educational travel opportunities.
- You must be a full-time, undergraduate student, in good standing attending Centenary for at least one academic year in order to redeem your points.
- Experience the world!
This program will help all students have the opportunity to experience an approved international educational travel opportunity while attending Centenary. Students will be able to earn points for attending pre-approved events and programs such as cultural events and convocations.
Such opportunities may include:
- Faculty-led and Independent International Modules
- Independent CULTURE Projects that require international travel.
- Study abroad with any of the college's official partner institutions or programs.
- Faculty or Staff-led international trips with an educational component lasting 5 days or more (ex: international choir tour, international mission trips).
Passport Points Events
Students, remember that besides the events listed below, all home athletic events as well as faculty-sponsored convocations open to the entire campus have Passport Points attached to them that you can earn. Look for the QR code at any of the events that you attend!
The following events are worth 100 Passport Points if you choose to attend them.
- Christmas Candlelight Service, Brown Chapel at 7:00pm - Friday, December 1, 2017
- Founder's Day Convocation, Brown Chapel at 11:00am - Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Graduation/Commencement Exercises, Gold Dome at 10:30am - Saturday, May 5, 2018
Other opportunities include:
Redeem Your Points
Redemption Process Guidelines:
For group International Educational Travel Opportunities, such as International Modules or International Choir Tour, students cannot redeem Passport Points in order to meet the obligations of the initial required deposit.
For independent International Educational Travel Opportunities, students must receive written approval that their Independent Proposal was approved and turn in a copy of that approval to the Office of Global Engagement prior to seeking to redeem their Passport Points.
Also, for independent International Educational Travel Opportunities, students must sign and turn in a Passport Points Redemption Agreement Form ensuring that they understand the financial responsibility they could incur for not correctly accounting for the right amount of Passport Points redeemed towards their independent experience. Eligible students must submit this form to the Office of Global Engagement before leaving to participate in their approved international educational travel opportunity.
All redemption requests must be submitted by the final payment deadline set by the faculty or staff leader of each International Educational Travel Opportunity. Eligible windows for redeeming your points are listed here.
More questions? See FAQs below.