For more information on redemption windows, please see the FAQs below.
With Passport Points, earn rewards simply by attending campus events! Then, cash those point in towards cultural opportunities in study, interning, or volunteering abroad (or with another culture in the US).
Here's how it works:
- Participate in approved cultural enrichment programming to earn points.
- Earn up to 500 points per semester and up to a total of 2,000 points over 4 years of full-time undergraduate enrollment.
- Points can be redeemed to offset travel expenses related to approved educational travel opportunities.
- Experience your world!
This program facilitates all students to experience an approved cultural immersion opportunity while attending Centenary. Students earn points for attending pre-approved events and programs.
Points can help you to participate in:
- Faculty-led and Independent Modules
- Independent Culture (CU) Projects that include international travel.
- Study abroad with any of the college's official partner institutions or programs.
- Faculty or staff-led international trips with an educational component lasting 5 days or more (ex: international choir tour, international mission trips).
Passport Points Events
Remember that in addition to events listed below, all home athletic events and faculty-sponsored convocations have Passport Points attached. Look for the QR code at any of the events that you attend!
If you experience problems with points crediting to your account, take a selfie next to the code at the event and email it to email@example.com as soon as possible.
The following event(s) are worth 100 Passport Points if you choose to attend them.
- President's Convocation -- Tuesday 24 September 2019
- Founders' Day Convocation -- Thursday 13 February 2020
Other opportunities include:
- Centenary in Paris Family Weekend Reception -- Saturday 24 August 2019
- Centenary Chapel -- Every Tuesday in the academic year
- Meadows Museum exhibitions -- all semester
Redeem Your Points
Redemption Process Guidelines
For group opportunities, e.g., Module or International Choir Tour, students may redeem 500 Passport Points only towards the initial required deposit. There is no limit on the number of points redeemable for subsequent payment dates.
All redemption requests must be submitted by the final payment deadline set by the faculty or staff leader of each Centenary International Educational Travel Opportunity.
Redemption for non-Centenary programs occur on a rolling basis.
Students pursuing independent International Educational Travel Opportunities must receive TREK Committee project approval prior to redeeming Passport Points. Points may be billed back to the student if the Independent Project is not completed in a satisfactory or timely manner.
Additionally, for independent International Educational Travel Opportunities, students must sign and turn in a Passport Points Redemption Agreement Form confirming their financial responsibility and the possibility of penalties incurred for not correctly accounting for Passport Points redeemed towards their independent experience. Eligible students must submit this form to the Office of Intercultural Engagement before departure on an approved international educational travel opportunity.
More questions? See FAQs below.