Northwestern State University College of Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Accelerated Curriculum (BAC)
The BAC is an intense, fast-paced program that helps students achieve the BSN degree within four semesters. A new agreement between Centenary and NSU provides preferred admission to Centenary students meeting the requirements for the BAC program.
- Bachelor of science degree in biology, chemistry, or related science field
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete all prerequisite courses for the BSN degree
- Pass all required entrance examinations with satisfactory scores
Baylor University Louise Herrington School of Nursing
FastBacc is a rigorous, intensive 12-month program that combines traditional classroom learning, online courses, clinical and lab experiences, and hybrid interactive learning courses. Students who complete a bachelor of science degree at Centenary, including all prerequisite courses required by Baylor, will receive preferential admissions consideration over other non-Baylor students applying to the program.
- Bachelor of science degree
- Complete all prerequisite courses required by Baylor
LSU Health Shreveport School of Allied Health Professions (SAHP)
The SAHP physician assistant program is a 27-month academic and clinical experience that prepares students to provide comprehensive health care under the supervision of a physician. The new agreement creates a streamlined pathway for qualified students earning a B.S. or B.A. degree at Centenary to apply to the SAHP physician assistant program, including a guaranteed interview for students who meet the requirements.
- Complete a set of prerequisite courses with a grade of B or higher
- Achieve a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher, including 3.5 in all science courses
- Submit acceptable GRE scores
- Complete 100 hours of direct patient care experience in volunteer or paid position, including 20 hours of PA job shadowing
A Memorandum of Understanding guarantees Centenary students an interview to ULM COP’s competitive Pharm D. degree program if they have completed the required prerequisite courses and meet the minimum application requirements for the program.
- Complete all required prerequisite courses in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, humanities, fine arts, and social sciences
- Overall GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Score of at least 50 on the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Centenary students will be eligible for a guaranteed interview at one of four VCOM campuses (including the VCOM-Louisiana campus in Monroe) if they meet the general admission requirements for the medical college as well as a set of additional benchmarks.
- Complete all prerequisite courses
- Maintain an overall and science GPA of 3.5
- Earn a competitive MCAT score
- Minimum of 40 health care volunteer hours
- Minimum of 40 community service volunteer hours
Expedited admission review and notification
Centenary students who complete an undergraduate minor in Legal Studies, have an interest in public interest work, submit their application by December 1, and complete the LSU Law admission requirements, will receive priority consideration for admission to the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center. The agreement also guarantees financial aid consideration and an early admission decision.
- Undergraduate minor in Legal Studies at Centenary
- Apply no later than December 1 for the next academic year
- Complete all LSU Law admission requirements
- Express an interest in public interest law
Preferred consideration and early decision
Centenary students who have completed all prerequisites for admission to SMU will be given preferred consideration and receive early admission decisions as well as early consideration for scholarships and other financial aid available from the Perkins School.